Food Quote/Imagery

I was reading this hysterical book and am continuously inspired by the author to write more stories.  Even though he is not a food writer, he schools me in his ability to add life to food. If only... 
"Sure, go ahead, babe.  Here. Have a nice jelly doughnut. I just bought them fresh this morning over by Magazine Street. Ignatius says to me this morning, 'Momma, I sure feel like a jelly doughnut.' You know? So I went over by the German and bought him two dozen.  Look, they got a few left."
     She offered the Patrolman Mancuso a torn and oily cake box that looked as if it had been subjected to unusual abuse during someone's attempt to take all of the doughnutes at once. At the bottom of the box Patrolman Mancuso found two withered pieces of doughnut out of which, judging by their moist edges, the jelly had been sucked. 

     "Thank you anyway, Miss Reilly.  I had me a big lunch."



Ignatius O'Reilly

Comments

  1. LOL, very funny indeed. That will be me too sucking the jelly out of the doughnut.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    You just give me an idea, I'll try to make the spinach bread. If its successful then I'll post it.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts