Warm You Lips: Chocolat Chaud



Not much blogging around here lately.  My life has endured some changes -- I'll tell you about it some time.

But it's not devoid of cooking.  And not devoid of reading either.  Here's a great hot chocolate, which I will be nursing as I dive back into my blog.  I collected this recipe for chocolat chaud from It Must've Been Something I Ate, a brilliant book by Jeffrey Steingarten.  He swiped it from Pierre Hermé, master in French pastry.



This beverage is beyond silky.  It is also quite light because it includes watered down milk, which has been filtered and blended. Dare I say it almost acts like a foam.

I agree with Mr. Steingarten, when I say that it makes for a better drink.  Body without the bulge.



Note: I added dried mulato chiles to the milk as it boiled, imparting depth and a spiciness. Mulato chiles are similiar to pasilla and ancho chiles.  They are dark, pliable, and reminiscent of raisons.

Coming back with full force... K

Comments

  1. Yay! So glad you are back. Chocolove is my favorite--this very bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Great chocolate recipe, love the heat! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Katie. May this year bring lots of happiness.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one. And I love what I think may be a typo: raisons. In my book, a chili full of reasons is better than recalls me of raisins any day. I think that love chocolate isn't half bad for the price. And I want more posts. And for you to come visit and make me chili-infused hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts