THIS YEAR'S THANKSGIVING FEAST -- ONLY DRAWN OUT FOREPLAY FOR LEFTOVERS!

OK, So this year I didn't really do the turkey thing. I cooked a turkey, but I don't stand by my turkey. It was 8 pounds, cooked in an hour. There are much better recipes and turkeys out there. There were a couple of gourmet magazine recipes of note and some expensive store bought cranberry relish that was forgettable.

I was playing with my new niece Hana. And as she is beginning to crawl, there was no way we were going to get down with some serious cooking.

In the end we had surf and poultry. Steamed lobsters from May Wah and Turkey.

But DANG, we stewed some good leftovers! Turkey Soup, Lobster Bisque, and Lobster omelets.

BRUSSEL SPROUTS adapted with Bacon added

ROASTED SWEET POTATO ROUNDS W GARLIC OIL AND FRIED SAGE


ROASTED BEETS


STEAMED LOBSTER - BY CHUK WING KWAN

NOW FOR LEFTOVERS!



Here, I basically removed most of the thighs, breast, wings from the turkey carcass, and threw it in a pot. I covered it with water, added carrots, celery, and a huge chopped onion and brought to boil. I simmered it for a couple hours. Your house will like up with earthy turkey steam within the hour. I this particularly good, if you are looking to detox after the biggest day of consumption, or if you are just try to make room for more pie.



My dad wanted an omelet over rice for dinner. I de-shelled the lobster over a plate to save the juices for lobster bisque. I saved the shells in a plastic bag for lobster bisque as well. My mom slurped down what couldn't be salvaged. We do not waste expensive lobster, not even if they were only $6.99/lb from May Wah. In the end we had about 1 - 1.5 c lobster meat.

LOBSTER OMELET

In a hot pan, we put down a generous amount of oil (yes oil not butter, you frenchophiles) and added the lobster and tossed quickly. Then we added 6 scrambled egges. We had to move fast as not not burn the eggs. As soon as a layer set, we pulled it into the middle with a spatula and let raw egg flood the naked surface. The was how we created layers and soft fluffy texture.

Right before it looks all cooked, take it out! It will continue to cook.

Have you rice ready girls and guys. This omelet is best hot out of the pan.



LOBSTER BISQUE

I saved all that I could of the lobsters of Thanksgiving dinner:
- Steaming broth
- Shells
- Lobster Juices from cracking

You better believe these are sacred juices. I do not pay $$$$$ for just lobster tail. You must be kidding me.




To be honest I pooped out and got distracted with the baby Hana. What I can tell you is that I strained this broth. Sauteed some celery, fennel, and onions in butter, added some sherry and white wine. Then I added some broth and cream to my liking. I have listed a couple manageable recipes below:

GOURMET'S LOBSTER BISQUE
BON APPETIT'S LOBSTER BISQUE

Comments

  1. What's your brussel sprout recipe? It looks like it might be a tasty edition to my xmas dins :)I like the bacon and chestnut thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts